Built by Nathaniel Hill in 1768, it was, undoubtedly, one of the handsomest dwellings between New York and Albany. Seven generations of the Hill family have occupied Brick House. In the 1830’s, parts of the interior were refurbished. A large wing was added at the rear. Still a later generation in 1928 added central heat and modern plumbing. Through its more than two centuries of occupancy, the Brick House has retained its beautiful rural setting, but it has evolved from a gentlemen’s farm to a country estate.