Shingle House

Shingle House
Name: Shingle House
Description:

Located on Forester Avenue at Church Street, the Shingle House is the oldest standing house in the Village of Warwick. Daniel Burt built this New England saltbox for his son in 1764.

 Legend has it that the shingles for the sides and roof of this house were hewn from a single tree.

The building was the first to be acquired by the Historical Society in 1915, and houses a collection of period furniture and accessories.

  • Shingle House
  • Shingle House
  • Shingle House
  • Shingle House