NY CASTING CALL; SHOWTIME TV MINI-SERIES DIRECTED BY BEN STILLER
To be considered for work as a performer in the Ben Stiller / Showtime network mini-series, you may attend our casting call SAT, JULY 22 (10am – 5:30pm) at STRAND CENTRAL THEATRE, 25 Brinkerhoff St, Plattsburgh, NY 12901. Please bring a ACCURATE, CURRENT non-returnable photo if you can. Wait time determined by turn-out (come anytime during these hours).
If you’re unable to attend open call & would like to be considered for background work or audition for any role — please submit your materials for consideration as instructed below (best to be “on file” w/us), IF YOU ARE A GOOD FIT, WE WILL FOLLOW UP w/YOU (THERE IS NO NEED FOR FURTHER FOLLOW-UP ON YOUR END. We will contact you if we need more info).
PLEASE SEND an email to email@example.com. In Subject Line, include “Your first & last name, city & state where you live, clarify if you’re a UNION or NON-UNION performer.” It should look something like this: John Doe. Plattsburgh, NY. Non-Union.
YOU MUST INCLUDE the following in the body-of-your-email to be considered (or we are unable to consider your submission):
- First & last name, phone #, email address, city/state where you live (we’re filming in Plattburgh/Adirondeks, NYC area & Pittsburgh, PA). If you don’t live in one of these areas, please note which city(s) you can work locally in (& approx drive time).
- Clarify if you’re a Union or Non-Union performer (if union, note SAG-AFTRA membership # & expiration date): Don’t complicate it w/”SAG-Eligible” or items like that. Either you’re a member of SAG-AFTRA (in good standing w/a valid membership #/exp date) or you’re not in the union. It’s that simple!
- Specify if you have experience w/work in the following (clarify proficiency, details, etc. Experience in these fields is not required, but those w/experience are encouraged to submit): Corrections Officers, CERT Squad & Guards, US Marshals, NYS Trooper Investigators, Sheriff Deputies, Police or any Law Enforcement, State Troopers, FBI Agents, Forest Rangers, Lawyer/business types, Hospital Staff, Exercise Class Attendees, Female Sheriff’s Deputy, TV Camera operators, Photographers, News Reporters, Vietnam Vet, locals w/cars from 2002 or earlier (specify make, model, color), Bartender, people that look like employees of BIG LOTS, AUTO ZONE &/or KING’S WOK. Stenographer. If you own appropriate wardrobe, etc, please send current photos of you in such.
- Are you able to work as a background performer?
- Are you willing to have your hair cut/styled (or facial hair shaved) by our hair dept?
- Are you ok w/being in a room w/smoke or smoking on-camera (smoking is NOT required; we’ll just note it in your file)?
- Anything else you want us to know? Acting or Stand-In experience, performing work, etc.
- Do you own a car you can use in the series (incl year, make/model, color; photo please)?
- Height, weight, sizes & measurements (uniforms may be assigned to you; be accurate): MALE sizes: Suit, jacket, shirt, pants, shoes (sizes you typically buy). Measurements: Chest (around widest part). Waist (around thinnest part; not pant size). Hips (widest part). FEMALE sizes: Dress, shirt, pants, shoes (sizes you typically buy). Measurements: Chest (around widest part, plus bra size). Waist (around thinnest part; not pant size). Hips (widest part).
- Attach current selfie-style PHOTOS of your CURRENT looks: Both CU (close up) on face & profile, along w/ 3/4 shots to get an idea of your realistic body shape & size, unfiltered & very natural! If it is too glam, or retouched in any way, we cannot use them. Take photos today, nothing outdated, please.
THANK YOU! We look forward to your response & recommend connecting via social media for our casting updates.